EPISODE 299 – CONCERNING HONOR AND HUMILITY
The Love-Life Agency
Saturday, 18th November, 2023
CONCERNING HUMILITY AND HONOR
“Recognize the value of every person and continually show love to every believer. Live your lives with great reverence and in holy awe of God. Honor your rulers.”
1 Peter 2:17 (TPT)
Day by day as each generation grows deep into “postmodernism“, people become more interested in pleasing themselves and satisfying their ego.
Men are drifting away from the very concept that helps bridge one generation to the other. Blessings of one generation are distributed through a system of honour and humility.
There is no generation that can accurately and fully reach its potential without the impartations of the previous generation.
In the Kingdom of God, to walk in honor and humility is a code of greatness. To honor is to have great value and respect for others and to highly esteem those who have authority over you.
Though the younger generation may seem to gradually lose the true sense of honor, it doesn’t change its authentic essence among the great.
As you saw in the opening verse (1 Peter 2:17):
To honor is to:
1. Recognize the value of every person.
2. Continually show love to every believer.
3. Live with great reverence and in holy awe of God.
4. Acknowledge the authority of your rulers.
Let’s quickly look at those you must honor, according to the counsel of God’s wisdom:
1. Honor God
“the twenty-four Elders fell down before him and worshiped him, the Eternal Living One, and cast their crowns before the throne, singing, “O Lord, you are worthy to receive the glory and the honor and the power, for you have created all things. They were created and called into being by your act of will.” Revelation 4:10-11 (TLB)
I have previously explained how you can honor and glorify God. And to add a few thoughts to it:
Understand that you can also honor the Lord with:
a. Your treasure and time. Time is one of the most precious treasures and assets we have. Invest your time and anything you value into your relationship with God and His vision.
“Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” (Matthew 6:21).
b. Honor God with your body. You were bought with a price by God, therefore honor Him in your body, which is His temple. (1 Corinthians 6:18-20).
c. Honor God with your finances, wealth, or possessions.
“Honor the Lord with your possessions, and with the firstfruits of all your increase” Proverbs 3:9 (NKJV).
The Message translation says, “…give Him the first and the best.”
d. With your hands and heart lifted in worship and thanksgiving. (Psalm 34:1-3)
Interestingly as you honor the Lord, you enjoy honor from Him (1 Samuel 2:30). And He also shares secrets with those who revere Him.
“Friendship with God is reserved for those who reverence him. With them alone, he shares the secrets of his promises” Psalm 25:14 (TLB)
Beloved, understand that you can fully honor the Lord through Christ Jesus.
2. Honor Your Leaders in the Church (1 Thessalonians 5:12).
3. Honor your Parents (Ephesians 6:2).
4. Honor Your Spouse (1 Peter 3:7; Ephesians 5:33).
5. Honor the Elderly (Leviticus 19:32).
6. Honor Rulers or Government officials (Romans 13:1-2; 7).
7. Honor Your senior Colleagues at work or employers (1 Peter 2:18).
8. Honor one another above yourselves. (Romans 12:10). This includes parents also honoring their children. Ephesians 6:4 (nevertheless children must not use that against their parents. Yours is to honor your parents).
I will take time to explain the above points.
Where there is honor and humility, there is abundance release of grace, and peace. (James 4:6; 1 Peter 5:5-6).
When you truly love the Lord you will honor others with the humility and integrity of heart.
(Revelation 5:13; Psalm 22:23; John 5:23; 1 Peter 1:22)
That we shall take hold of the counsel of the word of the Lord and walk in honor towards God and men according to the wisdom of God.
In the glorious name of Jesus.
BIBLE READING IN THE YEAR 2023
Daniel 6 – 9
Hebrews 1 – 2
DECLARE THESE WORDS:
– I walk in honor and humility.
– I walk in honor towards God and all men according to the wisdom of God.
– I don’t dishonor the authorities set over me.
– I honor the Lord with my body.
– I honor the Lord with my treasure, time and finances.
– I demonstrate honor in all things.
Oh Hallelujah!! Glory to God!